Q: Is it possible to appeal a denial by the Appeals Council?

A: If the appeals council decision is unfavorable, the next step is to file a complaint in federal district court. A federal district court may also affirm, reverse, modify, or remand the appeals council’s decision back to the SSA. We are also able to assist you in the stage of appeal. We are licensed to practice in the US District Court in the Middle District and Northern Districts of Florida.

Posted in: Social Security Disability FAQ