Q: What if I can’t afford to pay for a doctor?

A: You can get treatment at the local health department. It may require you calling l0-15 times before you get through. Calling may be frustrating. Failure to document your condition and see a doctor may be more than frustrating. It may destroy your claim.
You may also qualify for psychiatric care at the Centers.
Marion County:
Marion County Health Department 352-629-0137
Heart of Florida 352-732-6599
The Centers – 352-291-5500

Alachua County:
Alachua County Health Department – 352-334-7910
Meridian Behavioral Health Care 352-374-5600

Posted in: Social Security Disability FAQ